RE: imagemaps

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:34:35 -0800
To: jim@jimthatcher.com
Cc: "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 06:52 AM 3/15/2001 , Jim Thatcher wrote:
>Point of information - Isn't the map at mapblast.com an image button, not an image map? What am I missing?

It could be.  It surely doesn't -have- to be.

And image buttons generally function the same way as server-side
imagemaps, for that matter.  They send x and y coordinates.

I don't think there are client-side equivalents for image input
fields -- are there?

So this might be a case in which you might HAVE to use
server-side map to translate an image input field, and you
can't just use a client-side image map.

(Maybe we should point this out to P&F who can point this out to
XHTML working group?)

--Kynn

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison