RE: imagemaps

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:29:30 -0500 (EST)
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
cc: <jim@jimthatcher.com>, "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
So noted. Maybe this should also be reflected in techniques for WCAG.

Chaals

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 06:52 AM 3/15/2001 , Jim Thatcher wrote:
  >Point of information - Isn't the map at mapblast.com an image button, not an image map? What am I missing?

  It could be.  It surely doesn't -have- to be.

  And image buttons generally function the same way as server-side
  imagemaps, for that matter.  They send x and y coordinates.

  I don't think there are client-side equivalents for image input
  fields -- are there?

  So this might be a case in which you might HAVE to use
  server-side map to translate an image input field, and you
  can't just use a client-side image map.

  (Maybe we should point this out to P&F who can point this out to
  XHTML working group?)

  --Kynn

  Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
  Technical Developer Liaison