Re: distraction: bane or content?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 06:26:49 -0500 (EST)
To: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
cc: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, WAI <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Marja-Riitta Koivunen wrote:

  Should we then have one of these also for all Gestalt and visual perception
  related laws, such as, don't rely on proximity/texture/size/shape alone to
  point out similarities/differencies? Don't rely on good continuation or
  closure alone.

CMN In theory. I think in practice that's a lot of what we are saying, but in
different words.

MRK [snip]
  Authors could provide enough semantic information so that users don't have
  to rely on visual presentation. And when they do provide the semantics it
  also becomes easier to change the presentation with stylesheets.

CMN This  is the basic key. (And is something we say in more or less those
words already).

cheers

Chaals