Vector Graphical Alternatives

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:19:31 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I'm not sure if this has already come up, but a decent thing to require if
text-in-images is used is that there be some pointer to a vector based
alternative. Sometimes it is difficult to convey the same semantics from
pictures to text, but if there were a slightly more accessible version of
that image, it would be a help. I thought of this as I was preparing to
draw yet another node and arc diagram for EARL, and realised how difficult
it would be for a complex graph to put into words. Using SVG for this would
be brilliant. Could you use longdesc for that, and then embed the SVG into
the longdesc page?

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer