Re: Vector Graphical Alternatives

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:20:23 -0500 (EST)
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sure you could use longdesc for that. Or you could embed SVG directly - it
can be done to transform reasonably nicely and include a link to the image
for a browser only capable of handling it via a plugin/helper, like IE and

It is an open issue I think whether it is good to use longdesc for something
that isn't HTML as a tatrget.

There has already been work done on this - RDFViz, the  text-only SVG browser
written last year, etc.

Charles McCN