Re: process of a site development

At 08:52 AM 1/31/2001 , Matt May wrote:
>So, here's what I'm thinking. Rather than focus on generalized processes,
>might it be more effective to create role documents (techniques for
>developers, techniques for designers, techniques for project managers,
>techniques for test/QA, techniques for usability, maybe techniques for "I'm
>the whole department") that outline what we think they should be thinking
>about to build sites, whatever their process is?

Sounds like it might be a decent idea for Education and Outreach,
or maybe even something where the W3C would want to fund or encourage
private authors (such as me, hand some of that fed money over!) to
write specific articles or tutorials for specific audiences.

But I can't possibly see how this wouldn't turn into a huge
distraction _for this working group_ and cause us to spend even
more cycles spinning our wheels and worrying 'okay, who is this
a technique for?' instead of getting a technical specification,
WCAG 2.0, finished up and ready for delivery.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                http://kynn.com/
Technical Developer Relations, Reef           http://www.reef.com/