Re: process of a site development

At 08:52 AM 1/31/01 -0800, Matt May wrote:
>Rather than focus on generalized processes, might it be more effective to
>create role documents

As you lowly regard "best practices" I deplore "rather" since there can be
a multiplicity of foci. If I come into the "document" as a one-person
designer/builder/implementor I can tell it that I want a viewpoint
similarly couched, if I'm in the Department of Whatever and must deal with
an avalanche of resources/requirements/responsibilities I might choose a
"larger" version?

Because most of the WG members are heavy into the "individual" aspect of
things, we need wake-ups from people who find certain naivetes laughable as
in "oh, you want to add meaningful alt="text" - here's 237,422 images for
you to work on." What Phill faced at IBM (half million+ distinct sites, as
I recall!) vs. much of Kynn's clientele who deal more privately with things.

Ultimately the "megashop" produces something that pretends the intimacy of
a single author's voice and the "mom-pop house" wants to spread out and
look like an army - graphics over here, interaction there, etc. Just as our
intended "beneficiaries" vary widely, so does our target audience and by
giving elaborate choices, a person putting up a home page can be a
vicarious "major Web design house".

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE