On Further Consideration

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 05:43:27 -0800
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I keep looking at the list of guidelines and I think I might urge that #4
really/truly belongs in #1.

It's hard to think of "device independence" as not including
"compatability/interoperability" since the latter are absolutely required
under the former. I.e., something (actually anything) can only be device
independent if it features both compatability and interoperability.

However consensus and "going ahead on" clearly trump this concern and if we
deem the need for 4 (rather than less), I will shut up on the matter.

--
Love.
		ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE