Re: Revised List of Technologies (with volunteers...)

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:04:49 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

For what it's worth, I don't think that the work should be broken down by
technology.

For my money, the work items would be divided functionally.  Something like:

page organization
site-wide structure and methods
[database organization]
transaction processing
effects (status communicated by properties applied throughout something, e.g.
text effects, greyed out, etc.)

and so forth.

In each category there would be technology-specific implementations,
potentially ranging from

HTML 3.2 plus metadata

through

XML Schema + Schematron

What I will volunteer to do is provide rough analyses of existing pages as to
the patterns they exhibit.

Al