Re: Revised List of Technologies (with volunteers...)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Gilman" <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
> For what it's worth, I don't think that the work should be broken down by
> technology.
>
> For my money, the work items would be divided functionally.  Something
like:

> page organization
> site-wide structure and methods
> [database organization]
> transaction processing
> effects (status communicated by properties applied throughout something,
e.g.
> text effects, greyed out, etc.)
>
> and so forth.

I think there are too many rules specific to each technology for this to be
feasible. HTML, in particular, has a number of unique rules (e.g., dealing
with tables, frames, and legacy browsers) that are better addressed in a
technology-specific group.

It'd be useful to create a framework of the above concepts, though, from
which the groups can draw to create techniques relevant to their
technologies, and to keep them a little more in sync with one another. But
for the sake of the continuity of the individual documents, I'd rather see
them written completely with a focus on the technology in question.

----
matt