Re: 3.7 in 1?

Al,

	Text cannot be "more equal" in the old "Animal Farm" sense and still meet
the needs of the non-text people.

	No matter how many times we point to this little piece of the document or
that, the overwhelming sense of the guidelines is "more than equal" status
of text. So much so, that the 508 guidelines don't even suggest that the
accessibility features they proscribe are useful outside of the blind
community.

						Anne

At 11:25 PM 1/2/01 -0500, Al Gilman wrote:
>Somehow we have to communicate both a first-among-equals status for text
>without going to Lombardiesque excess.  Yes, today, text is the most
important
>thing; but definitely not the only thing.  Because yes, there are people for
>whom it is the _last_ thing they need.
>
>Al

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1