without even a word, And plenty of vision. was:Re: 3.7 in 1?

On Wed, 03 Jan 2001, Al Gilman wrote:

> Somehow we have to communicate both a first-among-equals status for text
> without going to Lombardiesque excess.  Yes, today, text is the most
> important thing; but definitely not the only thing.

TV remains a far more important medium for most people, in the US, the UK and
the world.
The fact is that many people would prefer a televisual type experience.
Its the publishing that's expensive, and of course download speeds can be
slow.

I am finding it very hard to contribute to the WAI group at present due to
the continual over statement of the importance of text.
Text is almost an irrelevance, look out the window, do you see semantic
letters floating around, I dont. It was a necessary state for the web to pass
through.

Most of existence continues without even a word,
And plenty of vision.

--
Jonathan Chetwynd
jc@signbrowser.org.uk