HTML and XHTML techniques

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:17:05 -0500 (EST)
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
cc: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I think that there are several versions of HTML out there (W3C currently
recommends two) as well as XHTML.

In practise I think that techniques information that we provide needs to
acknowledge this, annd alongside the technique itself should provide
information about what versions of HTML and/or XHTML it is relevant for.

And however the mechanics works, it needs to have a named person who is
responsible for it. Any volunteers?

Cheers

Charles

until 6 January 2001 at:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France