Re: Graphic Designers work - potential for WCAG?

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 06:13:04 -0700
To: "Matt May" <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 09:02 PM 5/22/01 -0700, Matt May wrote:
>text is least likely to be misinterpreted.

The notion that text doesn't have a really high potential for
misinterpretation is IMO incorrect. Much of our lives in personal/social
interactions centers around attempts to correct such cross-talk.

Language is a wonderful thing but interpretation, particularly in
translations (repurposing) is very prolific. Even the testimony of "eye
witnesses" is repeatedly shown to be questionable. The way we cling to the
idea that text is sacred, even while saying we know it's not is revelatory.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE