Re: Revising 2.4 (revised)

From: Adam Victor Reed <areed2@calstatela.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 00:45:27 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
My apology for poor style in what I just posted. Please replace with
the following:

2.4 Do not limit the time that a user may need to understand or
interact with your content.  Eliminate:
	* demands that the user respond within a preset period
	* automatic refresh and delayed redirection
	* flicker, blinking, flashing, self-scrolling, and any
	  other animation effects that can't be disabled by the user.
Content must cooperate with user agent mechanisms for preventing
motion, or for control of the rate at which it occurs. Note that
flicker effects can cause seizures in people with photoepilepsy.

--
				Adam Reed
				areed2@calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.