Re: Illustration - checkpoint proposal

Charles,

	William is right, this is an excellent concrete proposal, and good
examples of how to illustrate ...

	I used to have an SVG viewer, but lost it in a drive crash a few months
ago (haven't needed it since!) .. Can you please tell me again where to
download it from?

	Very messy situation, not having the SVG viewer ... It spawns a new
window, that stays blank, no clue what's going on, tho you can X back to
the original page ...

					Anne

At 09:33 AM 5/14/01 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I am not sure whether this fits in overall (I think so) or in specific
>checkpoints. If people think this proposal is worth following up I can
>fill out the examples stuff a bit better with more complete ones, and
>information about who it is supposed to help and so on.
>
>anyway, here is the proposal:
>
>proposed checkpoint
>For any description of a process or a of relationships, provide a graphic
>equivalent.
>
>Techniques stuff...
>1.
>Use case: A description of how to decide whether someting is conformant to
>WCAG
>
>Method: Draw a flowchart
>
>2.
>Use Case: Describing a network
>
>Method: represent the original in RDF and use an RDF to image service to
>generate an image
>
>Example:
>
>A textual explanation (of sorts): http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/#Structured
>
>The RDF is incorporated in the SVG version of the image:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/rdfnet.svg
>There is a gif/png version too:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/wholenetwork
>
>The resulting diagram (generated from the RDF - doesn't matter if the
>existing image is there or not):
>http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/rdfnetViz.png
>
>3.
>Use Case: A recipe for cooking a pavlova
>
>Method: provide step by step drawings of a process
>
>4.
>Use case: A description of how to plait a stockwhip or belt
>
>Method: provide a movie demonstrating how to do the process
>
>5.
>Use case: A description of how to make a medieval-style tent
>
>Method: Provide illustrations of the key steps

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com

http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.geocities.com/apembert45