Re: alt to text

From: Adam Victor Reed <areed2@calstatela.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 20:14:36 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
>  Sorry that "any" comment was meant to be "tongue in cheek". - I guess I
> should use more <grin> to make sure I am not mistaken. The front page
> example is, by the way, pretty good because it is a case where it might be
> better to have nothing (after the file name the file size gets stuck in, and
> that is really aggravating).

While using text presentation without a screen reader, text which
should be separated (and in a graphic browser is separated by a
picture or spacer) will run together when the img has alt="".
Every img wider than one letter of text should have a non-empty alt,
even if just a space (alt=" ".)

--
				Adam Reed
				areed2@calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.