Re: Green Fingers was Re: COPUS was Re: alternative content for cognitive disabilities

Jonathon,

	The page took a long time to download, and I'm not sure if I read the
story on page five, tho I read a lot of stuff that came in, there didn't
seem to be links to the stories so much as just scrolling through a variety
of stories. I read several intersting stories on various gardening displays
that are available at shows and on tours.

Was curious over the title as "green fingers" til I remembered that's what
you say in the UK for what we call a "green thumb" ....

Incidently, Mrs. P's Links now has a link to the British Museum for their
wonderful site about Ancient Egypt! It is well done and useful even with
our young children.

				Anne

At 05:15 PM 4/21/01 +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>The front page might be a little heavy, however please read the short review
>on page 5:
>http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/scforall/CopusOutandAbout.pdf
>
>I've found that many museums in London are willing to create resources for
>our students if given reasonable notice of a visit:
>The British Museum provided us with a particularly busy and brilliant day of
>activities around Mummies and dessication with lots of dried fruit to eat.
>The Tate gallery  arranged for us all to dress up in period costumes and
>appear in various paintings.
>The National Portrait Gallery took photographs of each student posing with
>props.
>These are just a few of the activities arranged in order to attempt to make
>their works more accessible.
>
>Corporations have every responsibility to attempt something similar, and do
>so in many instances.
>Individuals and small businesses naturally are less easily able to
>contribute, however they can be expected not to be deliberately obstructive.
>
>jonathan chetwynd
>IT teacher (LD)
>j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
>http://www.signbrowser.org.uk