Re: Hebrew vowel marks - yes, they ARE in Unicode

From: Lisa Seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 20:22:56 +0200
To: "Jason White" <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>, "Adam Victor Reed" <areed2@calstatela.edu>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I have never noticed or seen any reasonably consistent way to work out the
vowels if they are not specified. I have been told either to recognize the
word, or to guess a common vowel form and  see if it sounds right.

Neither piece of advice I have very useful. The only way to help a screen
reader would be to check each word against a dictionary of known words.
However this can not be a complete solution.
It also leaves the Learning disabled out in the cold. I would say - unable
to access the information (especially with long words, were trying multiple
vowel combinations and seeing what sounds right is , well , not practical.)
Lisa