Hebrew vowel marks - yes, they ARE in Unicode

From: Adam Victor Reed <areed2@calstatela.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:34:39 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Lisa, I accepted your earlier statement that Hebrew vowel marks
are not in Unicode - and tried to work around that. I appreciate
your subsequent note that you found a computer font with vowels,
because it led me to check Unicode. It turns out that Unicode does
include Hebrew vowel marks, in positions 05B0-05C3 and 05F5.

I think that this implies the need for an additional bullet-point
under 4.1 in the current draft of the new guidelines,
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-20010328.html
at the end of the bullet-list:

* In languages which allow more than one mode of mode of text
  presentation (e.g. Hebrew with and without vowel marks) use the text
  presentation mode that supports the use of these guidelines.

--
				Adam Reed
				areed2@calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.