Re: alternative content for cognitive disabilities

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:35:20 -0400
To: "Paul Bohman" <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Paul,

	I addressed some realistic aspects of redundency in my post to Cynthis
.... in addition ...

At 05:24 PM 4/20/01 -0600, Paul Bohman wrote:
>For example, users of screen readers often complain of too much content on a
>page, or too many links or too much redundancy that they have to listen to.
>When you add another type of redundancy, you may in fact confuse the user of
>screen reader software (or at least take up his time), and you might confuse
>a visual user as well, if the page summary is not handled well in the visual
>layout.

If the layout is properly handled, there could be a problem. Locating the
summary after the full text would be pretty useless ... the visual reader
will never know the summary is there!

Deciding how to present a layout that includes all the features for
everyone is what I'm trying to do in the illustrations for Guideline 3.

					Anne

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com

http://www.erols.com/stevepem