Extensive forms & tables accessibility question

From: Slaydon, Eugenia <ESlaydon@beacontec.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:01:14 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hi,

I'm trying to make my pages that are very heavy in forms accessible and
understandable
by screen readers. I've used label where I can but I have text fields that
are associated
with multiple labels. For example I have a question in the first column and
they have to
enter a answer in the next 4 columns. The 4 columns have a header row of
titles.
Currently, I have assigned id and headers to the td's. But since the label
is missing the
page will fail on a compliance check. Any suggestions on how to handle
complex forms
that are inside of tables so that it meets section 508 compliance?

Thanks,
Eugenia