Re: Meeting agenda

From: Marti <marti@agassa.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:21:49 -0400
To: "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "Anne Pemberton" <apembert@erols.com>
> I subsection of 3 needs to explicitely state that illustrations MUST be
> present if text is there. This needs to be of the highest priority.

Anne,
 It seems to me that requiring illustrations as a high priority item would
mean that blind programmers could not produce "accessible" websites. I know
I keep going back to this, but it really seems we need a common vocabulary
of illustrations (like road signs in Europe), and perhaps a language
construct to support their use (alt_img anyone?)
Marti