Re: what type of document do we want?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 00:40:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
cc: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>, Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough.

I think we should maintain the requirements (checkpoints) for things like
illustration and use of simple clear language. I meant that what should go in
techniques is some explanation of what we expect these things to do, as well
as exaples.

cheers

chaals

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, William Loughborough wrote:

  At 04:31 AM 4/3/01 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >I think this stuff is all techniques material

  At the moment I disagree with this. If we sing the song, we must dance the
  dance.

  We've got to start somewhere and the contention that our focus is almost
  entirely on accessibility as a blindness issue has *some* validity. Harvey
  and I are the only ones around this outfit who are actual experiencers of
  the main population of PWD: the aging. There is another group that has
  almost no experiential representatives so we must speak up about people who
  *NEED* illustrations.

  This will help in an undertaking to define/understand/clarify/collect/+
  appropriate guidelines for the selection of appropriate not-just-decorative
  graphical materials. Stuff like this becomes icons (which are made through
  usage, not born).

  --
  Love.
                   ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE