Re: Terminology revisited

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:14:41 -0700
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 08:30 AM 9/15/00 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I think those are what we have called guidelines in WCAG 1.0

You mean like: "2.  Don't rely on color alone" or perhaps "10.  Use interim
solutions" might be "general/abstract" guiding principles? I think we are
unprincipled if we don't have a layer of "principles" under which the
mundanities of guidelines, checkpoints, techniques, and exemplary
realizations are presented. The guidelines do (more or less) fall into
categories and Jason has presented some fairly "ringing" ones - but if it's
a line in the sand...

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE