Re: Terminology revisited

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:20:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
cc: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
well,

I think 10. Use interim solutions is a guidelines, but 2. Don't rely on
colour alone is a checkpoint for the general principle of ensuring that
information can be understood in variuos modalities (colour is useful
visually for many people, but doesn't work aurally for example)

charles McCN

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, William Loughborough wrote:

  At 08:30 AM 9/15/00 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >I think those are what we have called guidelines in WCAG 1.0

  You mean like: "2.  Don't rely on color alone" or perhaps "10.  Use interim
  solutions" might be "general/abstract" guiding principles? I think we are
  unprincipled if we don't have a layer of "principles" under which the
  mundanities of guidelines, checkpoints, techniques, and exemplary
  realizations are presented. The guidelines do (more or less) fall into
  categories and Jason has presented some fairly "ringing" ones - but if it's
  a line in the sand...

  --
  Love.
                   ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE

September - November 2000:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France