Re: Clarification of checkpoint 7.4

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:05:07 -0400
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

>AG::
>
>Does "provide the ability for users to update pages manually" really say
>what needs to be said?  Compare "allow the user to require that pages only
>update manually."  Which of these reflects what in the draft UAAG?

WC:: I don't think the distinction between the two is that
different.  Either way, the user will manually update the page.

AG::
>Should we consider adding a link from the "not yet satisfied" sentence to a
>dated document providing backups?  Actually, a link to the UAAG would be
>interesting, too, from the next sentence.

WC::
What information would the "dated document providing backups"
provide?  This vaguely sounds like a techniques document showing authors
what to do until user agents have satisfied the requirement.

--wendy
--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium