Re: Clarification of checkpoint 7.4

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:43:43 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 06:40 PM 2000-08-18 -0400, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

>There is an "until user agents" clause that is not yet satisfied for this
>checkpoint.  Note that the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines will require
>user agents to provide the ability for users to update pages manually.

AG::

Does "provide the ability for users to update pages manually" really say
what needs to be said?  Compare "allow the user to require that pages only
update manually."  Which of these reflects what in the draft UAAG?

Should we consider adding a link from the "not yet satisfied" sentence to a
dated document providing backups?  Actually, a link to the UAAG would be
interesting, too, from the next sentence.

Al