minimal/tersified abstract generalized principles

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 06:52:40 -0700
To: gl <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I hope we can all perform an exercise similar to the one I'm posting
herein - propose versions of the "Principles". On balance I think these
are becoming general enough to apply to many forms of communication -
not just the Web (and certainly not just HTML!).

Convey semantics using content, structure, and markup (or data models) -
not presentation.

Permit user modifications of (recommended) default presentations.

Design user interfaces for device independence.

Assure content availability across sensory modalities.

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE