Re: alt text was Re: Kynn's Analysis of CD Web Accessibility

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:55:46 -0700
To: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <jay@peepo.com>
Cc: "w3c" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 05:45 AM 4/2/2000 , Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>amazing, if only one could easily edit the interface it could be on the main
>toolbar.

Mozilla -- the "open-source" [sic] developed version of Netscape
which is supposed to be Netscape 6 or something -- includes something
called XUL.  XUL is a language for defining user interfaces, which
means that anyone who wants to take the trouble to learn XUL can
design custom interfaces for Mozilla, and distribute those to
others as well.

>Perhaps this is the way to go, insist as ua P1 that all browser
>configurables are fully mobile ie that they can be placed anywhere.

I disagree that it's a P1.  By the UA definitions, as I understand
them, this would be a P3 or P2 at best.  However, it's an interesting
suggestion.

Director of Accessibility, edapta                  http://www.edapta.com/
AWARE Center Director                         http://www.awarecenter.org/