RE: Cognition (was Re: Suggested issues that may be addressed in next version of guidelines)

Anne wrote:

>For reasons I cannot fathom, those who create web sites are
>not following the most basic of structures used in children's
>books and picture books & magazines for older folks, putting the
>graphics on the page with (or facing) the text it applies to.

You might take a look at http://www.ipl.org/ for kid appropriate content.

A number of other resources are listed on our Resources web page under Digital
Media / Text (excuse the term) at http://www.cast.org/resources.html.  Many of
the resources include books with images.

We have also created a very basic introduction to the use of images, alt tags
and descriptions at http://www.cast.org/strategies/image_barrier.html.

Chuck