RE: Cognition

Anne P., Jonathan,

How do some of the pages linked to from "IPL Youth Collection: Reading
Zone--Picture Books" at
http://www.ipl.org/cgi-bin/youth/youth.out.pl?sub=rzn2000 go towards
meeting your standards for "reading optional" sites?

I have CC'd this page's author because it is a shame to me that an "index
of picture books" (like this page is):

1)	Has a large and distracting navigation sidebar (the attractive and
inviting icons take away from the resources on the page).  IMHO this
material belongs only at the bottom.

2)	There are no representative pictures for the links to the various
picture books!  This omission is tragic!  This means that non-readers who
find their way to a book they like will have a heck of time finding their
way there again (on another day)!  (Assuming that they have this IPL
picture book page indexed in some usable way.)