Re: Graphics, conventions, and orientation (to the UI mechanics)

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:25:25 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "Al Gilman" <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
I completely agree with your statement 1 concerning the relation of graphics
in a picture being of greater significance than the icons of which it is

Giotto is said to be one of the first to illustrate this point successfully
in a fresco in the Arena chapel at Padua (1305-8).  Two methods are tried.
Text is used to support individual icons, alternatively an allegorical
picture is used.
Both systems work.

One of my present concerns is how (narrative) turning points are structured
on the www. Anyone got any ideas?

Please send us links to your favourite websites.
Our site www.peepo.com is a drive thru.
When you see a link of interest, click on it.
Move the mouse to slow down.
It is a graphical aid to browsing the www.
We value your comments.