renaming the guidelines

From: Wendy A Chisholm <chisholm@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:01:17 -0600
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hello,

We would like to spend one last round discussing what to name the
guidelines document.  The following is a summary of the discussions up to
this point.  Ideally, we would like to wrap up this discussion by this
Friday, but understand that the holiday season is fast approaching.  Could
you please send any comments regarding the 5 suggestions below, or propose
another alternative?  Since this issues requires coordination with the
other working groups, a final summary will be sent to the Coordination
Group for discussion.

In the current title ("WAI Page Author Guidelines") "Page Author" is not
appropriate since persons usually
author more than a single page. There is consensus that:

   1.The title should reflect that it addresses more than just a single
page in isolation.
   2.The phrase "Universal Design" should not be used in the title since it
carries so many negative connotations (so "Universal Design Guidelines for
WWW Documents" is out).
   3.We don't want to focus in on particular technologies (so "HTML and CSS
Accessible Design
     Guidelines" is out).

Proposals

   1.Web Author Guidelines
   2.Site Author Guidelines
   3.Web Content Accessible Guidelines.
   4.Web Site Accessibility Guidelines
   5.W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Author Guidelines (then make other
groups - W3C WAI User
     Agent Guidelines and W3C WAI Authoring Tools Guidelines)

Thanks,
--the editors