comments on guidelines

From: Nir Dagan <nir.dagan@econ.upf.es>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 03:51:47 GMT
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I have two comments on the latest page authoring guidelines.

One:
A1 technique 7 suggest to use an OBJECT's title as alternate content.
I think it is not that good, since "older"  browsers
which do not support OBJECT will never render the title.
They would ofcourse render the content of the OBJECT element.

Also HTML4.0 browsers that were developed before
the WAI UA guidelines became W3C recommendation
may not render the title of an non-retrieved object, but
will do as the HTML4.0 spec says, i.e. render the content.

Two:
"C1. Only use technologies defined in a W3C specification..."

So we can't use javascript or even HTML2.0?

Regards,
Nir Dagan
Assistant Professor of Economics
Universidad Pompeu Fabra
Barcelona (Spain)

website: http://www.nirdagan.com
email: nir.dagan@econ.upf.es

"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
-- A. Einstein