New guidelines and META information

Under META informaton section of the guidelines has there been any
discussion of adding META (semantic) information to indicate the purpose of
a link (site navigation, table of contents) or the purpose of a table
(column layout or data table)?  I did see anything directly in the current
guidelines.
Jon

At 09:46 PM 7/22/98 -0500, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>There is a new version of the guidelines working document.
>It is available as both TABLE and LINEAR form.
>
>The urls are
>
>TABLE FORM       http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/19980721.htm
>
>LINEAR FORM       http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/19980721txt.htm
>

>Please look them over and comment.   We will produce a flowing
>text version which we call the "easy reading" version when these
>settle out.  But it looks like we are closing on a stable version
>pretty quickly
>And we believe we have addressed most of the sticky issues as
>best we can for now.
>Look it over and give us feedback.
>I'm sure you'll find something, (this is a test) since we pushed
>it out the door quickly so it would be available for the folks in
>Petersborough tomorrow.
>
>And an Extra extra thank you to Charles McCathieNevile, Jason
>White,  and Josh Krieger  for their tireless work and assistance
>with this version.
>

>The Chairs and Editors
>
>-- ------------------------------
>Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.