Re: Comments on GL page and associated guidelines

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:03:34 -0500
To: dd@w3.org
CC: HTML Guidelines Working Group <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Daniel Dardailler wrote:
> For the version released today, the ID should be
> WD-WAI-PAG-980123
>
> For the upcoming Public Working Draft, I suggest a full title and an
> ID as follow (supposing it's released on Jan 31st).
>
> WD-WAI-PAG-980131
>
> Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
> Page Author Guidelines - version 1.0
> W3C Working Draft 31-Jan-1998
>
> It should eventually resides in
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-WAI-PAG-980131
>
> and later on in:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-WAI-PAG1  (Proposed Recommendation)
> and
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WAI-PAG1 (Recommendation)
>
> (Same thing with WAI-PACL for the check list)

I'm not sure why these guidelines are called "Page Author"
guidelines instead of "HTML Author" guidelines. While
some of the guidelines might be useful for XML
or other languages, most are specific to HTML and the
term "page" doesn't capture that sufficiently.
For that reason, during my edits, I changed the
title to "HTML Author Guidelines".

(If this is an old topic, forgive me.)

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814          Email: jacobs@w3.org