Re: Comments on GL page and associated guidelines

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:53:05 +0100
To: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>
cc: HTML Guidelines Working Group <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> 2. The January 98 documents still claim to be version 8 of the Trace
> Centre guidelines. As Daniel pointed out late last year, the introductory
> paragraphs should be changed to reflect the status of the documents as WAI
> working drafts. In the acknowledgments, it should, however, be clearly
> stated that this document is based on the Trace Centre's unified
> accessibility guidelines, in order that the invaluable and continuing
> contribution of the Trace Centre to their development be fully recognised.

As far as version is concerned, I think we need to target a version
1.0 for the Recommendation itself.

Working Draft are usually referenced by their release date, the
version doesn't change.

For the version released today, the ID should be
WD-WAI-PAG-980123

For the upcoming Public Working Draft, I suggest a full title and an
ID as follow (supposing it's released on Jan 31st).

WD-WAI-PAG-980131

Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Page Author Guidelines - version 1.0
W3C Working Draft 31-Jan-1998

It should eventually resides in
   http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-WAI-PAG-980131

and later on in:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-WAI-PAG1  (Proposed Recommendation)
and
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WAI-PAG1 (Recommendation)

(Same thing with WAI-PACL for the check list)