Re: Comments on GL page and associated guidelines

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:53:05 +0100
To: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>
cc: HTML Guidelines Working Group <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> 2. The January 98 documents still claim to be version 8 of the Trace
> Centre guidelines. As Daniel pointed out late last year, the introductory
> paragraphs should be changed to reflect the status of the documents as WAI
> working drafts. In the acknowledgments, it should, however, be clearly
> stated that this document is based on the Trace Centre's unified
> accessibility guidelines, in order that the invaluable and continuing
> contribution of the Trace Centre to their development be fully recognised.

As far as version is concerned, I think we need to target a version
1.0 for the Recommendation itself.

Working Draft are usually referenced by their release date, the
version doesn't change.
For the version released today, the ID should be

For the upcoming Public Working Draft, I suggest a full title and an
ID as follow (supposing it's released on Jan 31st).

Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Page Author Guidelines - version 1.0
W3C Working Draft 31-Jan-1998

It should eventually resides in

and later on in:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-WAI-PAG1  (Proposed Recommendation)
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WAI-PAG1 (Recommendation)

(Same thing with WAI-PACL for the check list)