Re: Comments on GL page and associated guidelines

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:16:46 +0100
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> I'm not sure why these guidelines are called "Page Author"
> guidelines instead of "HTML Author" guidelines. While
> some of the guidelines might be useful for XML
> or other languages, most are specific to HTML and the
> term "page" doesn't capture that sufficiently.

HTML was not deemed ideal because it's also about CSS, XML as you say,
but overall, maybe we better call a cat a cat (is that an english
proverb as well ?) and I agree we can use the name HTML which has a
better marketing appeal.

> For that reason, during my edits, I changed the
> title to "HTML Author Guidelines".

HTML Authoring Guidelines sounds better, so that it's not confused
with guidelines for HTML designers (that is, the HTML WG). Too
far-fetched maybe ?