Re: Next telecon - Monday, 29 October 2001

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:14:13 +0100
To: "Nick Kew" <nick@webthing.com>, "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
 "Nick Kew" :
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>
> > Our next teleconference will be held Monday, 29 October 2001 at the
> > regularly scheduled time: 10:00 AM Eastern Time (14:00 UTC/GMT).  To
find
> > out what time it is in your time zone use the Time Zone Converter [1].
>
> As I think I've mentioned before, the cost of this would be
> prohibitive for me, and perhaps others who might have something
> to contribute.

I do have the ability to broadcast a telephone call 'live' (~7 second
delay) although this would be in a proprietrary Windows Media Format (xmms
on linux should play AIUI.) which may make it easier for people to monitor
what is happening in the discussion and can either join in briefly by
phone to comment, or send their comments through IRC.

It would also be available in an archive, and there I can provide it in
MP3, WAV, SWF, etc. so just about any machine could play it.  In theory,
this would also provide a limited number of lines here in the UK that
could be dialled into to join the telecon - but I'm not positive on that,
the CT boards have the capability in theory I believe, but I've never used
it.

This wouldn't be possible for Monday, as I'm off on the road, but could
normally do it easily.

Jim.