EDL Overview Published

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:19:39 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>, "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>, "Daniel Dardailler" <danield@w3.org>, "Al Gilman" <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net>
In accordance with the action item I took on from the f2f, I have
published an overview/summary of EDL:-

     EDL - Evaluation Description Language
     http://infomesh.net/edl/

The best part of the document is the formal description of EDL: "Evaluation
Description Language is an RDF based framework for recording, (and possibly
transferring and processing) data about automatic and manual evaluations of
resources. The purpose is to provide a framework for generic evaluation
description formats that can we used by "wizards/tools/humans"."

The most useful point that is raises is the process aim. While I don't want
to rush anyone on that, it is something that really does need deciding.
Another good part of the document is the architecture overview (with
diagram!). Section 5.2 I think.

The document is obviously not finished yet (!), and comments etc. are highly
welcome.

http://www.mysterylights.com/sbp/
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.