Re: EDL Overview Published

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:38:00 -0500
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>

This is coming along well.  Thanks for translating the Al-ese. <grin/>

Could you explain the diagram? I'm not sure exactly what the arrows mean.
Including a description in the document would make the document WCAG
accessible (i.e. a description of the image - checkpoint 1.1).

Also, I'm still having trouble reading RDF.  Could you walk us through
http://infomesh.net/edl/#p5 at Monday's meeting? I have several questions.

At 06:19 AM 12/12/00 , Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>In accordance with the action item I took on from the f2f, I have
>published an overview/summary of EDL:-
>      EDL - Evaluation Description Language
>      http://infomesh.net/edl/
>The best part of the document is the formal description of EDL: "Evaluation
>Description Language is an RDF based framework for recording, (and possibly
>transferring and processing) data about automatic and manual evaluations of
>resources. The purpose is to provide a framework for generic evaluation
>description formats that can we used by "wizards/tools/humans"."
>The most useful point that is raises is the process aim. While I don't want
>to rush anyone on that, it is something that really does need deciding.
>Another good part of the document is the architecture overview (with
>diagram!). Section 5.2 I think.
>The document is obviously not finished yet (!), and comments etc. are highly
>Kindest Regards,
>Sean B. Palmer
>"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
>    - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.

wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium
web accessibility initiative