Re: complexity

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:05:56 -0000
To: "Silas S. Brown" <ssb22@cam.ac.uk>, "W3C" <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
You are taking all this from a rather personal viewpoint, which is not very
helpful when considering Learning Difficulties.

My comments are specific to non-readers and those learning to read.

Dictionaries are the final recourse, and I use them daily.

As far as the bus goes yes I really copied a red bus icon from a picture
bank and coloured it green and printed it inumerable times.
Our coaches are green, a red one makes no sense in our context.
Red buses in London are double decker and public transport. This saved me a
lot of work.

My point about the chess is that if you are a follower of Turing you are
seeking the absolute chess player.
For me the better adventure is searching for the ideal teacher, and for
chess we are entering that arena.

I readily admit that with language we cannot claim more than a trivial
aquaintance. However LD adults deserve everything available and some.
Fortunately Scalable Vector Graphics are frequently a lot more transparent
than text.

I really do have to get back to my real work and believe that for the
present the current interest group must have a feel for what our opinions
are.

jay