Re: the accessibility of the disability web

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:

> too bad the report, located at:
> http://www.gilbert.org/siteanalyzer/reports/sa3.html
> doesn't have d-links for the graphical graphs, although they are ALT-texted...

The report does have shortcomings, which were thoroughly discussed when
it was released earlier this year.  Unfortunately, the above comments
don't address the fact that even our own organizations can't seem to get
this web access issue right.  We can talk about the endless financial
interest of the disability industrial complex and how some organizations
may not have a full commitment to creating tools for accessibility and
empowerment.  However, we fail to analyze fully why our own organizations
are not accessible in cyberspace when many of them would like to be.

kelly