Re: stab at betaw3

Hi,

Although I am not a member of E&O as such, I do follow your work through
the mailing list so I would like to comment on this if it is permissible.

Concerning the text that was referred to by Mr. Loughborough, is this
the direction that WAI is going to take on Web accessibility ? Is it to
be understood it is being considered that people with disabilities will
be evacuated from the text ? I note however that "older people" have
been left in. Not that I mind that last part, but I am wondering why an
organisation who's primary mandate is to ensure that the Web is
accessible to people with disabilities would decide to drop that
dimension from its definition of Web accessibility but keep a reference
to older people.

Additionally, I do not believe that Mr. Berners-Lee said "The power of
the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone is essential to
assure "One Web: Everyone/Everything/Everywhere/Always Connected."" The
original quote, which is on WAI's Web site, makes that very clear and I
wonder how WAI can change history like this.

I apologise if I am out of order but I feel quite strongly about this.

Best regards,

Catherine

--
Catherine Roy