Re: stab at betaw3

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for sharing your perspective.
(Yes, we welcome your comments to the EOWG list. We also encourage people to remember that there is often significant background behind discussions, draft documents, etc. that they might not be aware of.)

The text referred to by Mr. Loughborough is his personal opinion posted on his website. It does not necessarily reflect consensus of EOWG, nor WAI staff. I've asked him to make that clear on the page.

We did have an interesting discussion about this issue today in the EOWG teleconference.  (If you read teleconference minutes, please remember that they may not accurately reflect what was said.) Some people support the idea of one of the Accessibility pages on the W3C website focusing on universality of the Web, to get away from the deficit model of disability. We did not come to any consensus on change of approach or wording.

While we will draft text and consider different approaches, we are far from settling on anything. We look forward to further comments once the Working Group has developed a stable draft of the new page.

Best regards,
~Shawn Henry, EOWG Chair

-----
Shawn Lawton Henry