More on How WCAG 2.0 Differs from WCAG 1.0 (updated Tue 16 Dec)

From: Wayne Dick <wed@csulb.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:09:40 -0800
To: "Shawn Henry" <shawn@w3.org>, <Anna.Zhuang@nokia.com>, "EOWG \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

I think the first paragraph should read like:

WCAG 2.0 is defined in terms of the access needs of Web users
with disabilities. All of the technical descriptions of how to
meet these needs are published in separate documents. This
differs from WCAG 1.0 that mixed user needs and technical
solutions within the language of many guidelines and checkpoints.
The approach of WCAG 1.0 ensured that the guidelines would become
less relevant as technology advanced. By defining only what is
needed by users with disabilities in the guidelines and success
criteria, WCAG 2.0 applies more broadly to different types of Web
technologies and to more advanced technologies. It will apply to
technologies developed in the future, because the access needs of
users with disabilities do not change.

Wayne

PS. I actually have read more than the first paragraph