Re: Draft of updated WCAG 2 FAQ

Thanks for the input, Anna.

Several issues that you brought up are addressed in the latest posted version at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/wcag2faq>

Here are some other reactions and questions for consideration:

* RE: "The first paragraph on the page is the answer to a question "What is WCAG?""
The first paragraph actually answers some common misunderstandings about WCAG 2.0 and other accessibility efforts. If we put such important information under "What is WCAG?", some people who think they know what WCAG is would miss it. Per the discussion last week in EOWG <http://www.w3.org/2008/12/12-eo-minutes#item02>, I propose that we leave that top paragraph where it is.

* RE: "Why question "What are the different WCAG 2.0 documents?"..."
One of the most common questions and points of initial confusion that I hear is "What are all the different WCAG documents?!"
I apprecaite your distinction between the technical documents and the other types of documents. I went through several of the documents and clarified this, adding "technical" where we're referring only to the /TR/ docs and pointing to lists of the other types of docs. For example, the FAQ now says: "... different WCAG 2.0 technical documents are related and linked. The navigation area of this page lists WCAG 2.0 educational and outreach materials."
Note that in the answer to this question, we also address a common misunderstanding that WCAG 2.0 is huge, and also explain why it's great that there are extensive supporting technical materials.

* Our initial goal for this document was to address some of the misunderstandings that we were hearing and reading. In this FAQ page we wanted to provide additional perspectives that didn't fit in the other documents. We also established that we would assume people would at least skim the WCAG Overview.

As a general approach throughout WAI documents we avoid repeating the same information in different places. For this FAQ, we should especially not repeat information that is already addressed in the WCAG Overview.

Additionally, some have expressed strong preference for really making this a collection of frequently asked questions, and not fabricated questions to say what we want to say. <grin>

I look forward to EOWG and other input on which questions and answers we want to include in this page. I started a list of potential additional questions at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/wcag2faqDRAFT#newqs>

Regards,
~Shawn