Re: Draft of updated WCAG 2 FAQ

Yeliz Yesilada wrote:
> Will WCAG 2.0 FAQ replace the WCAG 1.0 FAQ
> <http://www.w3.org/1999/05/WCAG-REC-fact>? If not, I am wondering if it
> would be useful to add a link from WCAG 2.0 FAQ to this page or may be
> migrate some questions from 1.0 FAQ to this 2.0 FAQ (e.g., "How are
> these guidelines related to the other WAI guidelines, and other WAI
> work?")?

Hi Yeliz,

The current plan does not include updating <http://www.w3.org/1999/05/WCAG-REC-fact>. I'm not sure about linking to it -- we'd need to check the relevance of the information. Also, we got some feedback that it was too long, and also not really questions that people were frequently asking, but more a way to organize information that we wanted to share, which was a little off-putting.

EOWG, what do you think?

Right now we have the WCAG 2 FAQ at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/wcag2faq>
We do have in the plan a general WAI/Web accessibility FAQ (although not near the top of the priority list).

> "How are
> these guidelines related to the other WAI guidelines, and other WAI work?")?

I wonder if this is a higher-level question? (I more frequently get asked how WCAG relates to other guidelines such as U.S. Section 508.)

What other questions do you think we ought to consider for <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/wcag2faq>?

Thanks,
~Shawn