Re: dream-trance

William Loughborough wrote:

> As I ponder WCAG 2 it strikes me that we've been doing not quite enough
> to emphasize the "Four Principles" as the main portal to the thing.
>
> My natural grouping (strange things happen at 3:30 AM!) is to pair
> Perceivability/Understanding (would the event level have been accessible
> sensibly to Helen Keller?) and Operable/Robust (do the keystroke
> shortcuts interfere with all else when trying to operate on stuff?)
>
> If a designer has the Principles as the background of her undertaking
> the devilish details will surely follow.
>
> Love.

Hi William. Interesting. I have always seen it more as a linear path
than as a pairing. To be robust it must be operable. To be operable it
must be understandable. To be understandable it must be perceivable.

The requirement doesn't work the other way. It can be operable without
being robust, and so on.

I agree about the Principles, though. We should get T-shirts made.

   Perceivable.
Understandable.
    Operable.
     Robust.